Get a Quick Call Back
HASSA provides Work Cover Hearing Assessments
Under the Return-to-Work SA program (Work Cover) clients are eligible to obtain replacement hearing aids every five (5) years.
What is Noise Induced Hearing Loss?Noise Induced Hearing Loss (Industrial Hearing Loss) typically refers to a hearing loss that was obtained due to spending an extended period of time working in the surrounds of a noisy environment/workplace. Some of the industries that are typically affected by noise induced hearing loss (industrial hearing loss) are:
- Transport/Truck Driving
Signs of Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- Have you worked in a noisy workplace for an extended period of time during your career?
- Do you have difficulties hearing and understanding in groups or in background noise situations such as cafes, restaurants and shopping centres?
- Do you struggle to hearing the television and are constantly increasing the TV volume?
- Do you have trouble hearing and understanding phone conversations?
- Do you experience tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in your ear/s)?
- Do you find trying to listen and understand the people and situations around you exhausting?
- If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, then it is possible that you may be suffering from a noise induced hearing loss (industrial hearing loss).
We recommend calling Hearing Aid Specialists SA to schedule a Work Cover Hearing Assessment to investigate and discuss your compensation eligibility.