Privacy & Complaints Policy
The privacy of personal information is of primary importance to everyone. To meet the privacy management requirements of our customer, their dependents and our employees we are committed to meet the legally binding National Privacy Principles and the health information obligations by:
- Collecting personal information essential to conducting business within the legal framework in Australia. Also to ensure individuals understand the consequences of not providing person information
- Use and disclosure of personal information only with consent and where the individual reasonably expected the information to be disclosed for their benefit
- Data quality – taking reasonable steps to ensure personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date
- Openness ensuring individuals on request know generally what personal information is held, for what purposes, how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information
- Access and Correction – providing access to personal information by individuals for correction
- Complaints – providing a means for individuals to resolve breaches in privacy
- Identifiers – that are unique and in compliance with state and federal laws
- Trans border data flows as required and consented to transferring personal information by secure means to overseas countries that uphold similar principles to our National Privacy Principles.
- Training of all record keepers in the National Privacy Principles as they apply to Hearing Aid Specialists – SA
If you have any problems or concerns, please contact us immediately:
NORTH ADELAIDE – (08) 8267 2555
CASTLE PLAZA SHOPPING CENTRE – (08) 8374 1272
INGLE FARM SHOPPING CENTRE – (08) 8396 0900
We are very proud of our relationship and understanding of our client’s needs. As a small independent company our practice offers comprehensive and personalised care to clients with an emphasis on continuity of care. It is important for you to understand the benefits and limitations available from the use of hearing aids and to feel comfortable about discussing any concerns that you may have with us. We also believe that it is important that you attend all follow up appointments so that we can help you if any adjustments are required. Some people require more follow up appointments and for that reason you are entitled to unlimited access to our company.
Should you have any problems or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our staff so that we may attend to your needs as quickly as possible. If you are not happy with the manner in which our practice has help you, you have the right to contact the Hearing Services Program or the National Disability Insurance Scheme. Their contact details are below:-
Hearing Services Program
1800 500 726
National Disability Insurance Scheme
1800 800 100
If you could please give us the opportunity to try and resolve any problems before you contact them. Assuring you of our support and service at all times.